Wednesday, October 21, 2009

IBM (Ubuntu) vs Microsoft Windows 7?

There is a lot of talk this morning about a rift between IBM and Microsoft? IBM saying that Ubuntu is better for business operation, once it so much cheaper per workstation. I have no idea what this is based on? Some argue that's time in training, but that makes no sense! Your time in training and installing is the same either way? It seems as though IBM choose to exaggerate the impact costs.

While I was in my Anti-Microsoft throws, I wanted all to follow me to Linux. But today, I could careless: I've become the Buddha; I've found my way, now you find yours! I sit here and use Open Office, and write programs that use PostgreSQL off my host's servers, and I'm happy. No need for upgrades, and unwanted licensing.

I can't tell you what the licensing says for any of these programs anymore. I just don't care, and I totally stopped reading them. I even got tagged as a Spammer on Blogger, because I ignore the rules now. I just don't care anymore what they say, or what they mean. It's; "Yah, yah, yah, Enter!" I'm not an attorney, I don't care, and I don't really even want to know. 20+ years in this business will do that to you!

Why you keep paying for use of an OPERATING SYSTEM is well beyond me? Is anyone really going to RUSH OUT, and invest in Windows 7? Really? Most of us buy a computer, and use what's on it, until it's worn out, these days. Why upgrade, unless you have to?

No comments:

Post a Comment